Online Registration – The Law
- As of December 21, 2015…if you own a small unmanned aircraft…before you fly it…it must be registered with the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unmanned Aircraft Registry System (UAS) if it weighs more than .055 lbs. (250g) and less than 55 lbs. (25 kg).
- If you previously operated an Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) prior to the law…you have until February 19, 2016 to register.
- Failure to abide by the above regulations could result in civil and criminal penalties.
- The registration is good for three years
- The registration number must be marked on all aircraft.
The owner has to register the drone by paper if it:
- Is used for commercial purposes
- Is used for anything other than hobby and recreation
- If it weighs more than 55 lbs.*
- If you plan to operate the drone outside of the United States
*Must use the Aircraft Registry Process
DronesRegistration.com is an informational site and not affiliated with the Federal Aviation Administration